My baby, who is now the ripe old age of 18 months, is now taking care of her own babies.
She holds her babies on her shoulder, pats them on the back, feeds them a bottle, lays them down to sleep. She reads ("ABC, 1, 2, 1, 2, 1, 2") to her babies and this morning she laid her baby on the flood and said "poopy" and proceeded to change the baby's diaper. What a good mommy!!
Granted she's also at the age where she steps on their head and violently gets them into the stroller - generally upside down. I'm just giving her some time to grow into her new role. :)
*sigh*
Parenting is so bittersweet. I want to have a snuggly little baby girl who doesn't say "mine" or not accept help with something she's struggling doing by saying "myself."
But I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE who's she becoming.
She is a confident, smart, stubborn, loving, caring and sweet little girl who gets giggles out of dancing around the room with mommy and putting a pretzel on her finger before she eats it.
She comforts other little kids in the nursery at church who are crying. She brings them a toy or gets a Kleenex for them and wipes their nose.
She loves to sing and will grace you with her version of ABC's (see above :)) anytime of the day OR... morning.
She wakes up and when you see her she says, "Hi." Short, sweet and cute.
She loves her "pretties" (hair bows, necklaces, bracelets) and is totally into shoes.
I see how much she loves her brother and it makes my heart swell.
Even though I get nostalgic, I truly wouldn't change a thing.
6 comments:
Aw -- what a wonderful little girl you have. :) Miss you guys!
Oh Dri, I actually have the chills after reading this. ;) (And it's 80 degrees here.) What a sweet post and what wonderful children you and Big R. raise. They're just little muffins.
Love to you.
Aww, how cute is that!? She sounds precious.
I just love that.
That is beautiful, Dri. Beautiful.
Aw, what a sweetheart! What a good little girl you have
Post a Comment