
So, I ran across this article on Yahoo! about a mail carrier in rural NC who didn't deliver the scads of junk mail his route was sent over several years. Read about it here.
Interesting. Do you commend him or do you think, "Hey, my mail is my mail. Deliver it and I'll do with it what I want"?
I understand it's a federal offense to tamper with someone's mail (and not deliver it), but seriously, I would be TOTALLY okay with not receiving junk mail everyday that clutters up my trash.
If you want to be on a do not mail list, you can sign up here or at many other places on the web.
Save a tree and your mail carrier's back.
4 comments:
Despite the fact that I hate junk mail, I don't think that postal carrier should've kept people's mail from them. I'd be peeved if I didn't receive the IKEA catalog that I intentionally ordered to snuggle up with.
I'm with t.w.i.t. - if my name is on it, deliver it.
(Ah, I miss mail delivery.)
I've been thinking about this...
How would he have known it was all junk mail? One of our credit card BILLS comes and could possibly look like junk mail - I confuse it sometimes and have just gotten in the habit of opening all of my mail - junk or not - and just pitching what really is junk.
I'm with you guys, deliver my mail. If I don't want it, I'll sign up to have my name removed or something like that. But, it's my decision.
As if! I would not want the mailperson to not give me my junk mail. What else would i have to put in large piles and cover my floor and dining room table with?! The day I notice my floors are not strewn with piles of ads and junk mail is the day I will know something is going on with the mail people!
Post a Comment