Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Chocolate Chips


There's a reason I don't buy them regularly. I love them. I love anything dark chocolate. I buy chocolate chips with the intention to make chocolate chip cookies or some other yummy dessert that utilizes them. Then, throughout the course of their life in my kitchen I say to myself, "Hmmm... I want something sweet. Hey, there are chocolate chips in my cupboard, maybe I'll have a few of those." I always have the intention of leaving enough in the bag to still be able to make a decent batch of cookies. But, I always end up eating the whole bag (eventually - a few at a time) and then when I really want to make cookies I have no chocolate chips.

What foods do you love so much that they just don't last long when you buy them?

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

M&Ms don't last long in our house. And neither to Reece's Cups if my wife is home.

Anonymous said...

Is it fair to say that our looking for "something sweet" is a veiled request for something chocolate? We don't reach for marshmallows or sugared fruit slices or jolly ranchers, do we? Why? Because they don't count.
Chocolate rules, simple at that :)

Anna@MetaMusings said...

Definitely eggs.

Anonymous said...

Musings- have you ever had your cholesterol checked? I'm concerned.-Cuz M

Malissa said...

may or may not count for this question, but i CAN'T live without diet pepsi.
if only food counts....i really don't get cravings at home, only at work.