Sunday, February 24, 2013

Accessorize

Fashion, food, eating healthy, books, disciplined living... that's what you'll get on this blog. 
Pretty predictable.  Tonight, it's fashion. Light hearted and fun.
 
The right accessories can dramatically change the look of an outfit.  Enjoy the picture tutorial.
 

No accessories - cute but a bit boring
(Let me introduce you to our cat, Smokey.  See him in the window?  Love it.)
Add a long necklace - easy change, looks more thought out and put together
(Smokey must see a squirrel or something)
Add a skinny belt in a contrasting/pop color.  That's fun and it cinches in at just the "right" spot on me.
(The cat is slowly getting cropped out of the picture?  On purpose?  Possibly.)
 
What about the belt and the necklace?  This necklace didn't work with the belt because it hit right at the belt line.  A shorter necklace would have been nice.  (No more cat but I added a cheesy grin. Ha.)
How about my trusty go-to?  A scarf.  Not bad at all.
I'm thinking I want to switch out the bottom of this outfit.  Maybe white skinny jeans and a pair of leapard print flats.  That would be springy and cute.  Let the search begin...

SPECS: Jeans = Old Navy, Polka Dot Sweater, Mustard Tank & Aqua belt (came in a pack with a light brown and silver belt as well) = Kohls, Trusty scarf and grey shoes = TJ Maxx. 

2 comments:

nicole cramer said...

I think my favorites are pics 2 & 3, but I really love the attitude in 4! ;)

Unknown said...

I love this! The necklace is my favorite. I need some work on my own accessorizing...at this point, I consider it a success if I'm wearing earrings. I also think it would look awesome with white skinny jeans.