I am one of those people.
A person who keeps one eye on the road and the other eye on the lookout for goodies on the side of the road with a "FREE" sign on them. No, I am not a trash diver... although I may become one eventually, so shush.
So, I'm driving along enjoying the moment when up ahead, "What's that I see?" A roadside freebie. Halleluiah! This is going to be a great day. I think: Hmm.... it looks rather tall. I mean, it's taller than the fence it's propped up against. What could it be?
Nothing other than a FREE bathroom countertop with sink included with a sign that read, "FREE - just take it all or nothing." Okay!!!
(I feel it important to interject here that our bathroom countertop and sink are old and ugly and worn out and we've been contemplating replacing them since we moved into the house several years ago.)
So, after short moments of pondering... Will it fit in our bathroom? How are we going to get it home?... The back of our SUV now has the seats down and a FREE bathroom counterop in it.
I'm sure we'll have to pay someone to cut it down, but WHO CARES! It was free to begin with.
And, if it doesn't work out for some reason we will place it at the side of the road at our house for the next roadside freebie junkie to find it and relish the win.
6 comments:
Awesome. That's awesome. I hope it works out. (Show pics!)
Love this -- nothing makes me happier than getting something for free. Who cares if you have to disinfect it first?
Agree -- please show pictures of your conquest!
OMG! I know EXACTLY what you're talking about. I saw it along the road! :) Nice work!
I love this story.
I hope it works!!
Just hit the really nice neighborhoods where literally, "One man's trash is another man's treasure."
This is recycling at it's best so you are doing the socially responsible thing - you should be proud.
Score! I too would love to see pics.
Post a Comment