We finally got our cable hooked up on Saturday. The installer got to our house RIGHT before a huge storm rolled through. He was supposed to be up on a ladder running cable from the poll in the back of our lot to our house. Um, yeah. He came back later.
He ran out of basic cable boxes which meant he had to install a full cable box until someone could come and replace it.
So, we had 200+ channels for free for 4 days. I enjoyed vegging out to HGTV and Food Network and Ryan loved having ESPN again.
And, then, last night after Reece finished watching a movie I turned the TV on to find only 14 channels. (Side note: I can't believe I just said 'only.' We had ONE channel before! It's kind of like the Deal or No Deal phenomenon. "If you say deal now we'll give you $200,000. Oh, but you kept playing so now you 'only' walk away with $75,000." Only?!) At that moment I wondered if the cable company did it on purpose - placed the temptation in our house so we could get a taste of it - and then took it away so we would call and pay to have more channels.
So, I shut the T.V. off and read a book and Reece played with his toys... and that in itself is the reason we get basic cable. No need to watch TV just to watch TV. Although, the four days of temptation was really pretty nice. :)
P.S. I took your advice, Rachel, and started Plain Truth. I inherited that book from Ryan's step mom as well. Wow! Good book and I'm not even 1/2 way through. I just want to keep reading and reading to find out what happened. Thank you for recommending it!
2 comments:
I believe we have a cable conspiracy on our hands!
Glad you're enjoying Plain Truth ...
I'm interested to know what you think when all is said and done ...
:)
Post a Comment