Monday, June 1, 2009

Head Strong


My daughter is very opinionated and stubborn. (Wonder who she gets that from...) When she wants her way she screams. She doesn't get her way after that, but she sure lets you know that she doesn't like what you're telling her.

Any advice on handling a one year old with a 'tude? :)

5 comments:

Jodi C. said...

I hate to tell you but I think it is a girl thing. I face that everyday at 3 years of age!

Ky • twopretzels.com said...

No! But I'm standing by waiting for the advice.

And, I'm praying that Lila takes after C. Not me. :)

Anonymous said...

Stand your ground but embrace it! This strong-willed attitude will serve her well when she's older. She and K will rule the world some day!

~DS

Lori said...

I completely ignore Rhys when he throws a fit. Eventually, he will calm down and ask nicely for what he wants, and then I lavish attention on him. I just want to teach him effective means of communication, aka That Crap Doesn't Work With Mama. He will now catch himself before he reaches full-blown hysterics. Granted, he is 20 months.

(Since I am boasting this, I am fully prepared for him to have a meltdown of epic, inconsolable proportions tomorrow.)

Dri said...

DS - You're right, Jenna and K WILL rule the world (or at LEAST the boys) some day. :)