For the past 21 months I have had the privilege of working at an amazing place. I've had the opportunity to travel and meet women across many different states who are starting their own business through South Main Designs. I've enjoyed going to work in a casual environment with a boss and co-workers I truly loved being around. I have been able to make decisions for the direction of a company and have dreamt of the day when that company would grow and meet the needs of thousands of women (and men) across the nation and help them earn their income goals and other life goals.
Unfortunately, South Main Designs closed it doors today as a direct result of the economy and the bank/no credit situation.
It's amazing how everything has trickled down and how it will continue to trickle down. Because of the world's economic crisis, Chinese factories that our parent company works with have stopped offering terms, retailers our parent company provides accessories for are paying later and they are purchasing less volume because people aren't buying as much, our parent company had to cut costs because the banks don't have as much fluid money as they used to and one thing to go is South Main Designs - a start-up company that isn't yet profitable, I lose my job, because of that our babysitter loses her job and there is much spending that will stop because of both. No extra spending, which means less into the economy, which starts the trickle down effect all over again.
So, it's the end of an era. I loved South Main Designs and wanted with all of my heart for it to work. As happens with many people, my identity started to be wrapped up in my job - which probably isn't healthy, but is pretty common. At the same time, I have grown as a person because of my job and the opportunities I've been afforded.
The times I have been brought to my knees and had no where else to look besides to God are the times I've learned and grown the most. I'm sure this is one of those times.
6 comments:
thinking of you, my friend, and sending you a hug from MANY miles away. ; )
that absolutely sucks. no other way to put it.
thinking of you.... :)
I am sorry to hear this. We will be thinking of you and your family.
Ugh. I'm so sorry. Transitional times in life are tough. This must be very hard for you. I think it's great that you're looking to learn and grow from this experience.
"The times I have been brought to my knees and had no where else to look besides to God are the times I've learned and grown the most. I'm sure this is one of those times. "
NO truer words have been spoken, dear friend.
A huge hug.
He has closed this door and will open a new one. Keep your ears open and to hear the Spirit's prompting.
It will be OK.
Post a Comment