Thursday, July 3, 2008

Hair Stories

How picky are you about your hair and who cuts it?

Me? I'm VERY picky. When we lived in Wooster I found a girl who I LOVED. She did an amazing job interpreting my "I want it longer in the front, but kinda stacked in the back, but not too layered, but layered enough to have some height" requests. She was the first person who talked me into bangs and I haven't gone back since.

We moved to Findlay and I found another person I LOVE. Natalie. She cuts my hair and Reece's hair and will probably cut Jenna's as well when the time comes. Today was her last day before she goes on maternity leave and luckily we got in before she left.

So, do I let my hair grow until she comes back? Do I go to someone else and hope for the best? What is a girl to do? :)

6 comments:

Sarah said...

Um, I am EXTREMELY picky! I have super thick, course hair...naturally "wavy" but not pretty wavy unless I really work at it, and until I found Laine, I never had a good haircut.

Laine works in Cleveland. I live in Toledo.

Yes, I do drive to Cleveland whenever I want/need a haircut.

(It doesn't hurt that my cousin colors my hair at the same salon for free...that makes my trip all the more worthwhile!)

Unless Laine ever moves further away than a day trip, I will forever go to her.

Lori said...

WAIT! Do NOT go to someone else. It's a lose-lose situation. Either you will hate that person (and now you'll be waiting for your girl to return from maternity leave while you sport a bad haircut), or you'll love that person and you'll be faced with the dilemma of whether or not to go through with the dreaded, awkward hairstylist break-up.

Rachel said...

I too am VERY picky about who cuts my hair. As a matter of fact - if it were still financially feasible, I would keep going to the salon in Columbus, to Tom, who had been doing my hair since I was Little R's age. I haven't had a haircut that I've loved since I stopped going to him ... tear ...

So I am still in the market for a great hairstylist. I just haven't found anyone yet. And frankly, I'm tired of trying and having to drive to Columbus to get the mistake haircut fixed by Tom ...

Ky • twopretzels.com said...

Let your hair grow until Natalie comes back.

I go to Jenny and I love her.
I've been going to her for 11 years. From brown to red, to blonde, to brown to platinum blonde and back.

From .5 inches to what it is now - Jenny's been there through it all.

I come home and get my hair done. I don't see some FAMILY MEMBERS and I see Jenny. I love her. She's wonderful.

If you find a great stylist - stay with her and love her.

Malissa said...

if you MAY need a haircut in the interim - is there a stylist whom Natalie would recommend (a FRIEND in the salon or in another salon?) - because she could totally let her friend know "this is how i cut her hair" or whatever? or you could meet someone (the friend, preferably) and say "i JUST this haircut done, i may need it shaped up in a few weeks while my normal stylist is on maternity leave". no?

Wrestling Kitties said...

I am not as picky but I should be. I think I am acting out and going to the cheapest salons just out of spite.

I had this lady who had cut my hair ever since I was a young girl. She knows my hair and all its problems and knows how I like my hair. I even brought her in to do my hair for myself and my bridesmaids for T&my wedding. I LOVE her. Problem, she lives in my home town (2 1/2 hours) and she only works during the week. I have attempted to find someone I like in this area but no luck.

There is one girl I go to in BG who is good, but she just doesn't get me yet. It is hard when you get a new hairdresser.