Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Questions for you all...

If I were as savvy as Two Pretzels I would have created an actual survey for you to complete and answer, but I'd love it if you would take the time to answer my questions in my low tech survey.

Explanation - I think you all know that I work at South Main Designs. South Main Designs is a home party plan jewelry business based in Findlay, OH. In other words, we have Sales Consultants who run a jewelry business out of their home and do home parties at hostess's houses, they build a team and earn down line commissions, etc. (Like Lia Sophia, Silpada, Cookie Lee)

SO:

1. Have you ever had a home party before? If yes, why did you have it? If no, why haven't you done parties?
2. Have you been or are you currently a consultant for any direct sales company? If yes, what encouraged you to sign on? If no, why not?
3. Have you ever attended a home party before? How were you invited to that party? Invitation in the mail? E-vite? Both?
4. If you couldn't attend did you place an order? Did you book a show?

I'm curious on many levels to read your responses. I am a consultant and do home parties myself and I also work at the corporate office.

Thanks for sharing!

6 comments:

Sarah said...

1. Yes, I've hosted a couple home parties before. I did it because I liked the products, but I have to say that I'm not sure I'd do it again because I feel like people always feel like the have to buy something.

2. Never been a consultant, I'm not willing to give up the free time that I have.

3. I've attented plenty - I've been invited mostly with postcard-type things, maybe an Evite once?

4. I have placed orders when i couldn't attend, I think...hard to remember, I think I'll typically go if I'm invited! Whether I buy something or not...they're usually fun! I've only booked a show from a party once - and I was in attendance.

Traci said...

1. i've never had a home party before. just never had the inclination to do so.

2. never been. don't have enough free time as it is.

3. i've attended many home parties for various things - candles, dishes, purses, etc. invitations were always by mail.

4. if i don't go, i don't place an order. and i've never booked a show.

Wrestling Kitties said...

1. I have never had one myself. I don't like to feel like I am pressuring my friends into buying something, though I know they wouldn't care.

2. No, I am not a consultant and wouldn't want to be...for the same reason as above.

3. Yes, I have gone to a few. Kitchen stuff, food stuff, candles, jewelry, facial products. Usually an email or evite.

4. Nope i have never ordered if I haven't attended.

Malissa said...

1). never had a home party before. really just because the opportunity has never presented itself and i haven't sought it out either.
2). never been a consultant. no because i'm always afraid i'll fail.
3). yes, i've attended all kinds of them - pampered chef, arbonne, mary kay, candles, etc. - invitations usually via post-card.
4). i have placed orders when i couldn't attend, but usually b/c it was for a friend and i wanted to support her!

Ky • twopretzels.com said...

1. Yes, I've hosted home parties. I have done it as a favor to other friends who have had them. Or, as a favor to my friends who have become new consultants.

2. I have INDEED been involved with a direct sales company. I signed on because I needed flexibility and immediate cash. (You totally know this story.)

3. I have indeed attended home parties before. I was usually sent a postcard, but then called or reminded somehow before the event.

4. Yeah, I will almost always order from any show I'm invited to. I won't book unless I'm there. usually.

:-)

www.thecrazydaisies.wordpress.com said...

1. A few times. Because friends asked me to. I always feel weird inviting people though. Like they have to buy something... even though I tell them they don't have to.

2. No. I was going to do Mary Kay, but felt really overwhelmed on different levels.

3. Yes. By word of mouth, by email and/or postcard.

4. I've never bought anything if I didn't attend. I've never booked a show through one of them.