Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Last night was one of "those" nights...

I was annoyed with my almost month old daughter. It's not realistic to expect her to sleep through the night, I know that. She's an infant. But, have you ever gotten to the point that you are beyond tired and you just don't want to get up ONE MORE time to feed your grunting/crying baby?

I was there last night.

Plus, Ry gets up and changes her diaper then hands her to me to feed her. There is at least one time during the night that she completely fills her pants while she's eating, right after Ry JUST changed her. So, I feed her on one side, change her diaper that she just filled again and then feed her on the other side.

Well, last night that scenario happened and when I was changing her diaper in between sides she peed ALL OVER. I had to strip her down, put yet another diaper on her and redress her. Ugh.

I just want to sleep for more than 2 1/2 hours at a time and that isn't going to happen for several more months.

I'm afraid I wasn't very nice to my husband this morning.... I was grumpy, what can I say?

(Probably I should say sorry.)

4 comments:

Traci said...

oh how i remember those nights. and i remember feeling bad that i didn't want to get up one more time...but i was so tired!!!!!

i think at this point it's OK to tired and grumpy....i think you've earned the right to be just a little grumpy!

try to get some rest.... :)

Lori said...

It's only been eight months, but I had almost forgotten about the overwhelming joy/misery of that time. I can't believe I'm considering going through it again in the near future! Falling asleep while nursing, looking at the clock in disbelief, the constant crying (the baby and me). Hang in there. As I'm sure you remember with your son, this time goes by so fast (although it doesn't seem like it at the time), and then you can't believe that you made it through it. Now, Rhys is too squirmy to rest his head on my chest like he used to :(

Sorry I'm rambling.

Good luck to you. Hopefully, in two months or so (or sooner!), everyone in your house will be sleeping soundly through the night.

Anonymous said...

Hang in there Girl! This is training for those days when you wait for their return home at their midnight curfew. :)

www.thecrazydaisies.wordpress.com said...

I HATE THOSE BEGINNING MONTHS. To me, there is just not much joy in them. I always look forward to shorter points... if I can only get to 3 weeks, if I can get to 6 weeks. Then 3 months.... and so on. Otherwise, its too overwhelming!

Hang in there. Remember, it gets better. :)