Sunday, February 24, 2008

Would you buy.....


...an outdoor trash can without a lid?

I went to Big Lots to get one of their huge trash cans to put outside (because our other one got ran over by a bus on a windy day when it blew into the street). We already have one of these trash cans from Big Lots and for $15 it's a GREAT deal and holds up nicely.

They didn't have any lids. Two trash cans, but no lids for them. They were going to offer me a discount, but I was like - "Um, no thanks, I need a trash can with a lid."

Am I the only one who would've turned this offer down? Several people around me in the store seemed to look at me like I was crazy... but maybe that was just because I was "that person" who had to have someone go to the back to see if they had something I needed.

4 comments:

Malissa said...

for whatever reason i would. i only use my trash can lid here in VA in the warmer months, again for whatever reason. when i lived in Cleveland though - the lid HAD to be on at all times with bricks on top for extra security b/c of hungry little creatures.

Ky • twopretzels.com said...

I have no idea why I feel so strongly about this, but I'm thinking you NEED a lid. Of course, you may not always USE the lid (say if you were throwing away lumber or something, but come on...you deserve the choice!

So yes, I say, YOU NEED THE LID.

Sarah said...

I doubt I would ever purchase one without a lid.

Unfortunately, neither of the garbage bins we have right now have a lid. They're missing. (yep, they came with my house, my first house...so I've never really purchased one anyway) BUT if I were going to get a new one, I would definitely want a lid.

Wrestling Kitties said...

Yes, I lid is important! We keep our trash in the garage so no creatures, but it is good to just keep the smell down in the warmer months.