Thursday, August 9, 2007

You can never be too prepared....


My hubby, who knows my fear of tornados, called me this afternoon as it's pouring down rain. I mean, terrential down pour of rain. He says, "I don't know if you have the T.V. on or not, but there is a tornado warning out. It looks like the storm is in Ottawa and moving our way."

Okay, got it. Thanks.

Two minutes later the following was in the basement: Ryan's mp3 player (because you can tune in to radio stations, too), extra batteries for said mp3 player and head phones, my purse (because "you never know"), Reece's backpack/diaper bag thingie that always has an extra change of clothes as well as diapers and wipes, a big flashlight.

I left the light on down there and the doors open for easy access.

Sitting right beside me as I work on the computer: small flashlight, my cell phone. And, the window in the office is cracked just enough that I can kinda hear what might be happening outside.

It's at least an hour later and I suppose now that it's not raining anymore and there is really no threat of a tornado I could gather everything from the basement, shut the doors and lights off and go back to normal life.

Am I a freak? Yup. But, I'm a prepared freak....

3 comments:

Ky • twopretzels.com said...

Glad you were prepared. Even MORE glad that you're ok.

Anonymous said...

Haha, too funny. Unfortunately I get to go ride out in a big red truck and put myself in the path of it. If anyone ever tells you they are never a bit scared, they are not telling the truth.

Dri said...

Yeah, Matt. I don't know how you do that. Is your adrenaline pumping the whole time? Every part of my being would be telling me, "Go home. Go in your basement. NOW!"

That would be why I'm NOT a firefighter.