
Have any of you gone to Gordon Food Service (GFS) for any reason? I used to go when I worked at the Arts Center for food and stuff for my after school program.
Well, I went today to get lemonade mix ($1.99 a mix and it makes 2 gallons). When I checked out the lady asked me, "Are you using this for a company or organization?" Now, they must know that since they are not a "member" organization and anyone from the street can walk in and buy their products that 80% of the people checking out are going to lie when answering that question.
I had a moral dilemma. I wasn't using it for a company or organization.
My answer? "Yes, I am."
Ah well. Forgive me for lying. Everyone else does when they go in there. :)
4 comments:
so, is there a benefit to using it for an organization or not? i went there once and i didn't think it mattered? hmmm.....
Hmmm....
I used to buy all of our annual cookie decorating supplies there and I never said, "business". As Miss said, is there a benefit?
I think they ask for tax ID purposes. Any Joe Schmoe can go in and shop there. We got all of our class reunion supplies there with no trouble. Were you afraid they wouldn't let you shop?
I am a Store Manager for a Gordon Food Service Marketplace. The reason we ask that question is because we offer a rebate program, called Partnership in Savings, to businesses that sign up with us, as well as another purchase based rebate program, called Fun Funds, for our non-profit schools and churches. All Gordon Food Service Marketplaces are open for the public to shop free of charge. This is just our way of showing appreciation to the businesses that choose us to take care of them. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact your local GFS Marketplace, and they will be happy to take care of you.
Post a Comment