Observations from my trip:
- Traveling for work is not nearly as glamorous as it could sound.
- I enjoyed the freedom and challenge of travelling alone and finding my way around a new city by myself.
- If you travel alone frequently it could get VERY lonely. Always surrounded by people, but never engaging in meaningful conversations.
- DON'T FLY ON FRIDAYS. Ugh. I was supposed to be Chattanooga by 3:30 p.m., I got there at 10:00 p.m. IT SUCKED!
- The sixth Harry Potter book is a good read the second time around, too.
- Americans definitely have an "it's all about me" attitude. We want our problem to be the first on the list of 100 that anyone in customer service is dealing with and will be mean and nasty about it. I felt bad for the customer service people at the airports. Why are we so rude? I mean, really. Does it get us any farther? I missed two connecting flights, was supposed to be going out to supper with our new consultant and had to cancel, was going to be getting in REALLY late and getting up REALLY early the next morning. I had issues, but was I going to be able to change ANYTHING by being mean and rude to the flight/ticket attendants? Nope.
- I still love my job! :)
Just thoughts.
2 comments:
-I agree. Traveling for work is not glamorous at all. And, often times the clothes are uncomfortable.
I'm sorry your flight was so late on Friday. That blows. :-(
And yes, I agree - Americans in airports do have an "all about me" issue. As if they're the ONLY people who are on edge because they need to get there by a certain time. Get over it.
Glad you still heart your job!
couldn't agree more. when people "travel for work" it sounds so posh. but it usually never is. and it involves very tiring hours....and living out of suitcases, etc. not exactly a vacation.
Post a Comment