
Or as Ryan's dad would say, skunky towels. Do you all get them? That weird, musty, skunky smell that usually shows up after you get a wash rag or towel wet the first time after washing it? And you think - crap, I just washed this and it smells awful already.
Reece's washclothes and our other towels were sufferings HORRIBLY from this awful syndrome.
The solution:
Wash them in the hottest water possible and dry them thoroughly.
If that doesn't completely get rid of the smell then:
For towels that have color in them - cut your detergent in half and add some vinegar and baking soda to the wash or use the normal amount of detergent and a small amount of bleach.
For white towels - use normal amount of detergent and add bleach.
It worked and they haven't been skunky since. Thanks for the tip(s), Jan! :)
1 comment:
Seriously, thanks! I think sometimes that B-rents nose isn't working well or mine's in overdrive when I complain about this problem because he doesn't seem to notice. I will try your remedies!
-M
Post a Comment