
That last post reminded me of our summer days when we were little and what we did for fun. Jason and I used to:
- SWIM! We had a pool in our backyard.
- Ride bikes.
- Play cops and robbers while chasing after each other on our bikes.
- Go to my grandma's and play with our cousins. We would explore in the horse pasture, there was a tree that was perfect (from my recollection anyway, it's not there anymore) for a treehouse, so we built one.
- Husk corn and then proceed to play with the husks and silk and make our own restaurant.
- Help mom make spaghetti sauce and strawberry jam.
- Eat homemade pudding pops and Kool-Aid pops like it was our job.
- Annoy the heck out of each other (and I'm sure my mom, too).
I honestly don't remember ever watching T.V. during the day when I was little. We rarely watched movies, even. If we were inside we were playing in our rooms separately - Barbies, My Little Ponies, drawing my dream house or my "perfect" wedding dress (that's for you, Daryn), or if mom was brave we were allowed to play together - Monopoly, marbles, Lincoln Logs, electric race cars. Now that I list those, why did we always have to play what JASON wanted to?? :)
If we were outside we were doing the activities listed above and many more. What about you? What did you used to do in the summer? What were your favorite games? Past-times?
1 comment:
Coney Island - not the one in New York. It was the best. Camp was always a good memory as well.
Post a Comment