Wednesday, May 16, 2007

I can hear it now


Q: Where can you go and hear the likes of Janice Joplin, AC/DC, Devo, and The Bangles?

A: Nino's Bar on North Main Street.

Q: How did all of those great artists end up in one place?

A: A lip sync contest sponsored by my employer in order to get a video made to present to Hard Rock Cafe in hopes to land them as a customer.

Q: How do you get coworkers to loosen up and let go of their inhibitions to make the video hilarious?

A: Provide a keg, start it flowing at 4:30 p.m. and don't start the lip sync contest until 6 p.m.

Q: How many of my coworkers will be bright eyed and cheery at work tomorrow morning?

A: None. Wait, let me shout that - NONE! Oh, sorry, is that too loud for you and your hang-over headache? MY BAD!

(It was hilarious! My boss came on stage during Walk Like An Egyptian in his tightie whities, with his Egyptian gear covering the pertinent parts. Yes, he runs a very successful multi-million dollar company. And, he didn't even have that much to drink - he's just crazy fun.)

6 comments:

Ky • twopretzels.com said...

How fun!!!

Anonymous said...

Wish I could have been there! His Mom and Dad will be so proud after they watch the video!

Anonymous said...

After reading this blog I am sooo thankful I have never seen my boss in his tighty whiteys! Miracles come in many ways!

Dri said...

Well, actually my boss is a very fit, good looking man. It was hilarious in many more ways than it was gross. :) But I'm sure many people would echo your thoughts, Anonymous.

Anna@MetaMusings said...

I too am very glad that I can safely say I will never see my boss in my tighie whities. But it sounds like a blast!

Malissa said...

please send an invite when something THIS exciting is happening locally again! ;)