You know what makes me mad about titles and quotes, etc. like that.?.?.?
It's that somewhere some other psychopath is thinking..."I can do better than that. I can make headlines" Then begins the copy cat crimes. It's truly scary. I'm not sure how else the media could label something, but I wish it could just be the facts.
SO TRUE. I think about that a lot when these kind of things happen. Who's watching and thinking, "Oh ya, I could do more damage than that."
I don't remember things like this happening before Columbine. Maybe that's just because I was younger and didn't understand it if they did happen. Hmmm...
Unfortunately they did exist. In fact, there were no less than 10 in the 3 years prior just in the US.
I think Columbine sticks in our minds because of the number of people killed. Most of the previous ones wer e 1 or a few killed. Sad thing is that is not big enough news to remember.
Wow. That's amazing. I'm sure Columbine does stick in our minds because of the scale of it.
I think it's pathetic that the VT shooter KNEW he would be on national T.V. and actually sent a tape, letter and pictures to NBC. What kind of a news world have we created? Can it really be done any other way?
Also, interesting that Al Roker is doing "Lend a Hand Today" this week at the same time they are reporting such a tragic event. An interesting juxtaposition in my opinion. And a good reminder that there is good in this world beyond the heaviness of hate.
The Blacksburg community appreciates your thoughts and prayers. Even living in this town, I still don't believe it. Even though I didn't know any of the victims personally, my heart BREAKS. It's been a very hard week. My thoughts on the coverage? I wish they would focus more on celebrating the lives of the victims than airing the horrifying psychopath. I am sure the victim's family and friends would prefer NOT to see the guy who shot their loved one gloating on tv.
6 comments:
You know what makes me mad about titles and quotes, etc. like that.?.?.?
It's that somewhere some other psychopath is thinking..."I can do better than that. I can make headlines" Then begins the copy cat crimes. It's truly scary. I'm not sure how else the media could label something, but I wish it could just be the facts.
It's all very disgusting.
SO TRUE. I think about that a lot when these kind of things happen. Who's watching and thinking, "Oh ya, I could do more damage than that."
I don't remember things like this happening before Columbine. Maybe that's just because I was younger and didn't understand it if they did happen. Hmmm...
Unfortunately they did exist. In fact, there were no less than 10 in the 3 years prior just in the US.
I think Columbine sticks in our minds because of the number of people killed. Most of the previous ones wer e 1 or a few killed. Sad thing is that is not big enough news to remember.
Wow. That's amazing. I'm sure Columbine does stick in our minds because of the scale of it.
I think it's pathetic that the VT shooter KNEW he would be on national T.V. and actually sent a tape, letter and pictures to NBC. What kind of a news world have we created? Can it really be done any other way?
Also, interesting that Al Roker is doing "Lend a Hand Today" this week at the same time they are reporting such a tragic event. An interesting juxtaposition in my opinion. And a good reminder that there is good in this world beyond the heaviness of hate.
And let me clarify, that was 10 leading up to Columbine. I have no idea how many there have been since.
The whole thing of videotaping himself and sending it between killings is very disturbing.
Hearing him talk in the tapes makes you second guess your surroundings. How do you know you aren't neighbors or friends with the next one. Scary.
The Blacksburg community appreciates your thoughts and prayers. Even living in this town, I still don't believe it. Even though I didn't know any of the victims personally, my heart BREAKS. It's been a very hard week.
My thoughts on the coverage? I wish they would focus more on celebrating the lives of the victims than airing the horrifying psychopath. I am sure the victim's family and friends would prefer NOT to see the guy who shot their loved one gloating on tv.
Love to you all.
T. in VA.
Post a Comment