Friday, March 13, 2015

Full Disclosure - I Love My Body


I love my body.

There, I said it.

And even more amazing, I mean it.

I was getting ready for the day after swimming this morning, and walking back and forth between the bedroom and our master bathroom.  Drying off, putting lotion on, brushing my teeth.  I caught a glimpse of my reflection in the mirror and I thought, "I love my body."

My belly is squishier than I'd like, my thighs are larger than my ideal, my love handles are noticeable, my butt isn't tight or lifted, I have varicose veins.  Everywhere.  I have cellulite.  I have stretch marks. My breasts sag.  I have back fat, and my bra lines are not smooth.

This morning, though, I walked by the mirror and saw the same things I listed above.  The same things that on my not-so-good days I focus on with intensity.  The same things I would be embarrassed if you heard my inner dialogue about on certain days.  I saw those same things, and yet I thought, "I love my body."

I love that my body allowed me to complete a fairly intense swim work out this morning.  I love that my body cooperated when I did a short run last night.  I love that my muscles work together and allow me to complete the tasks of daily living, and are also up for the challenge of exercise, triathlon, playing with my kids, hiking with my family, taking a walk with a friend.

My body carried and delivered two gorgeous human beings, and then provided sustenance for those same babies.  My body is beautiful in my husband's eyes. My body is nothing short of miraculous.

And so is yours.  Love your body.




No comments: