Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Fashion Show, Fashion Show, Fashion Show at Lunch

A few trends and a pinspiration....
 
 
Trends - sequins and skinny jeans
You can barely walk through any clothing store without seeing tops with sequins on them and skinny jeans galore.  So I figured I'd put an outfit together from items I already had in my closet.
Shoes - I don't remember (they are literally almost falling apart), Jeans - Walmart, Sequin shirt - TJ Maxx maybe?, denim shirt - Walmart, scarf - TJ Maxx, red earrings - FDI Sample Sale
Sequins on a Monday?  Why not?!  This is also a study on neutrals.  Denim, brown, black and white all in the same outfit.  With a pop of red earrings.  (And my little man took this picture.  I think he did a great job!)
 
 Pinspiration
 
From Pinterest - White dress, grey tights, brown boots

 
From my closet:
Boots - Avenue, White Dress & grey tights - Kohls, Denim Jacket - Goodwill, turquoise necklace - Walmart 
Both of the outfits above use cardigans as the top layer.  I didn't have a cardigan that I thought would look good, so I went with my trusty denim jacket.  I wore this outfit to a good friend's birthday bash and then to added a scarf to the outfit for church the next day.  It was fun, light and comfy and kind of a nice change of pace to wear a white dress in the middle of dreary Ohio winter.
 
P.S. My hubby threatened that next time he took my picture he would actually record the picture taking session as well.  This was picture 5 or 6 - all different poses, trying my hands in different positions, changing leg positioning.  It IS pretty funny.  And, we still got the grocery list on our dining room table and the edge of our drying rack in the background.  And this picture is blurry for some reason.  Oh well.  He lost patience after 5-6 tries and I figured I'd leave good enough alone.
 
P.P.S. In case you believe I wear these type of outfits everyday... rest assured today I threw on a comfy fleece and one of my favorite pairs of jeans. 
 
P.P.P.S. Does anyone know from what show the title of this post was taken?


6 comments:

Ely said...

I always love your style! And love how you can create the same look as the store mannequins for much cheaper! Very cool blog too, btw! : )

Megan Scheub said...

Please come style my closet. I have an insane amount of clothes and accessories (many with tags) that I just don't know how to piece together.

Dri said...

Thanks, Ely! I have fun with it and try not to take myself too seriously.

Dri said...

Megan - I would LOVE to do that. Can we drink wine while we do it? HA!

nicole cramer said...

Loving you in those skinny jeans! Cute.

Megan Scheub said...

Yes!!! And maybe alittle post coordinating shopping to pick up an essential i am missing:) I am seriously.....we should do it!!