I love shopping. It's a creative outlet for me - browsing, putting together outfits, finding shoes, looking at scarves. Sometimes I don't even purchase anything... I just enjoy seeing what the current trends are and if I can pull them off (more on one of those trends down the page a bit). Today I took an excursion to the local mall. I went to three stores - TJ Maxx, JCPenny and Sears.
I found this amazing dress at TJ Maxx for $29.99. I love the cut of the dress and it hits just below my knee which is a good spot for me, especially if I pair it with black heels. I purchased this dress as a potential to wear to a wedding at the beginning of March. I got it in my current size and one size smaller - the wedding is a little over 30 days away, so we'll see what progress I make by then. In the meantime I'll keep my receipt and I have 30 days to return one of them. Or both of them if I find something I like better!
![]() |
| Excuse the bare feet and the flash. Oops. |
I also purchased three "wardrobe staples." I got a white cardigan and a salmon cardigan (you can the salmon one in the picture above). I also found a navy blue tank top that was an amazing deal and will hopefully allow me to re-create a version of this outfit from Pinterest when it gets warmer.
Okay, so the trend I tried out today was a peplum top. They were all the rage last spring/summer/fall and this trend finally made it to our teeny little neck of the woods. I think these look adorable on some people (in fact, I think my friend Amy could look cute in one of these because she is tall[er than me] and thin). There is no reason for me to add extra fabric to my middle region. Thumbs down.
Here are a few things I saw and even tried on, but didn't purchase. I really like this white top with black polka dots. I think it would look nice with a pair of black skinny jeans, the salmon cardigan and the blue bubble necklace I recently purchased. I could also wear this to work with black dress pants and a jacket or out to dinner with a pair of jeans and maybe a red jacket or something like that. (I tried to find it online to provide a link for you to purchase it, but I couldn't find it. It was at JCPenny for $25.00.)
I found this denim and white polka dot dress at TJ Maxx. The fit is a little off, so I didn't get it, but it looked cute on. When my hubby saw this picture he said, "Oh, you should definitely go back and get that. It looks really nice on you." Hmmm...
![]() |
| I like the way it cinches in at the waist with the belt and then flares out from there hiding some potential "trouble" spots. (And this is the salmon cardigan that I ended up purchasing.) |
![]() |
| Side-ish view. I didn't know how I feel about the side view. It looks kind of balloon-y from the side, don't ya think? |
![]() |
| I finally figured out that I should turn the flash off. (You're welcome.) |




.jpg)
.jpg)

5 comments:
I miss you!! This post just reminded me of it. Honestly, I've been thinking about you all week. We have GOT to get together!
I like the polka dot dress too!! Fit can be fixed with sewing machine, no? Especially when you have a Momma that's awesome with sewing! :) Go get that dress!! Super cute! (especially when the hubs likes it!)
I really like the salmon cardigan and love love love the dress! You totally need to take me shopping. I need your skills.
(go buy the denim dress...go buy the denim dress...go buy the denim dress)
Will you be my personal shopper? Please?
Post a Comment