Friday, January 18, 2013

My Pattern

I have a track record.  A pattern.

I stay disciplined for a week, get great results, then lose disciple.

The first week of focusing on discipline went well.  I saw some results from tracking my calories and starting to exercise.  I started reading one of my two books for the month.  I got in some devotional time.  I kept discipline and forgiveness in the forefront of my mind. 

Then life got busy.  Or something... (insert other excuse(s))

And I lost track of my word.

The good news is.... somehow I snapped back in to it.  I wish I could say it's because of something amazing or a deep thought or something.  Really it's just because I realized that I wasn't focused.  So, now that I've regained my focus I've been tracking my calories and exercising again, I am half way through both of my books, I signed up for a pottery class that started a few nights ago, I spent some time doing devotions this week.  And I am still learning to forgive myself.


The amazing thing is that I feel more free when I am disciplined and tracking calories and choosing to go to bed earlier in order to read or planning meals so that mid week prep is minimal leaving time to exercise after work.  I still haven't fully grasped how discipline can feel freeing, but that is what I am experiencing so far.  I guess I have a year of focusing on discipline to figure that one out...

(Since my last post I've also been experimenting with some healthy recipes that I'll post as soon as I can figure out what is wrong with my phone and why it won't let me upload photos. And I thought I may take a shot at some fashion blogging... you know, pictures of me trying different fashion trends or trying to emulate a Pinterest find or something like that.  Once I get over the fact that the fashion thing seems a bit narcissistic you may see some of those posts.  But, I mean, isn't blogging about my personal journey towards discipline narcissistic anyway?)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I think I feel more free when I feel like things are in order--I'm spending my time the right way, things that need to get done are getting done, etc. So I think I get how discipline can feel freeing. And I am in favor of fashion blogging! No judgements about narcissism.

Wrestling Kitties said...

That is my word for 2013....I seem to have lost that the past couple years!