"Brothers and sisters are as close as hands and feet."
Vietnamese Proverb
Two peas in a pod
Where one is there is the other
They go together like peanut butter and jelly... my kids.
Jenna missed her brother today. He has been her companion from day one. Up until this moment, they have gone everywhere together. If I had to guess I'd say they were apart from each other for the equivalent of one week in the two years of Jenna's life. That may be a high estimate.
So, this whole Reece going to school thing has come as quite an adjustment for Jenna. Where is her playmate? She kept telling my mom today that she was "tired." My interpretation? She was bored. How do you teach a second child how to play by themselves after tagging along with and being entertained by an older sibling for so long? She doesn't know a different way of life.
Reece missed his sister today. He has taken her under his wing and allowed her to trail along and follow him everywhere he goes. He plays with her baby dolls and she plays with his Star Wars. He will inevitably meet new friends at school but no one is as constant as a sibling.
From the moment Jenna and I walked in the door to the moment they went to bed tonight, they had each other again. They played, they laughed, they were inseparable. I guess absence does make the heart grow fonder.

Where one is there is the other
They go together like peanut butter and jelly... my kids.
Jenna missed her brother today. He has been her companion from day one. Up until this moment, they have gone everywhere together. If I had to guess I'd say they were apart from each other for the equivalent of one week in the two years of Jenna's life. That may be a high estimate.
So, this whole Reece going to school thing has come as quite an adjustment for Jenna. Where is her playmate? She kept telling my mom today that she was "tired." My interpretation? She was bored. How do you teach a second child how to play by themselves after tagging along with and being entertained by an older sibling for so long? She doesn't know a different way of life.
Reece missed his sister today. He has taken her under his wing and allowed her to trail along and follow him everywhere he goes. He plays with her baby dolls and she plays with his Star Wars. He will inevitably meet new friends at school but no one is as constant as a sibling.
From the moment Jenna and I walked in the door to the moment they went to bed tonight, they had each other again. They played, they laughed, they were inseparable. I guess absence does make the heart grow fonder.
1 comment:
that's cute!!! love it.
Post a Comment