Saturday, June 19, 2010

I cannot believe I haven't shared this with my blogger friends yet!!

My husband's cousin is one of the top 10 dancers on So You Think You Can Dance!!!!!!! How cool is that?! His name is Kent Boyd and he is the one from Wapakoneta, OH.

Check out this link to his signature move.

Every Wednesday night from 8-10 on Fox we are watching and then again on Thursday nights from 9-10. I can't even tell you how many times my husband and I voted on Wednesday night. We just sat there and kept calling and calling and calling and calling. :-) Our household emotions go through the ringer almost every night he's on. The first night I was so excited and every time I saw him I was like, "Oh my gosh - that was Kent." Now he's in Hollywood and I'm just so proud to see him living his dream. I married into the family, so I haven't know him as long as my husband, obviously, but I know he's wanted to dance on a bigger scale than in Wapak for a long time now. And he is amazing. I went to one of his recitals a few years ago and he was great then... and now he's on national TV and he is showing everyone just how genuinely sweet he is and how great of a dancer he is!

Tune in this Wednesday from 8-10 and then VOTE FOR KENT!!!!!!!!

(Have any of you watched the show already? Have you seen him?)

3 comments:

Jill said...

We love Kent and knew that we'd have to know someone that would know him... Good to know it's you! :)

He's great!

Written Permission said...

Kent is SO great! I am so excited to see him each week, even if I don't actually know him. :) He just has such a great, sweet, genuine personality -- it's so wonderful to see how taken the judges are with him. So awesome! I normally record the show and then watch it the next day (or after a few days...), but I may have to start watching it live so I can vote for Kent!

Anna@MetaMusings said...

I LOVE SYTYCD, and Kent is adorable. I am like WP, though...I usually tape it and watch the next morning. However, I think for Kent, I'm going to have to start watching Wednesday night and voting.