Before

During
We passed the old table on to someone else to love. Yes, we put it by the road with a free sign. I contemplated keeping it in the basement until our next garage sale and setting it out and asking $5-10 for it.... only because when people are scouting garage sales they like garage sales that have large items sitting out and tend to stop... it was really a marketing ploy. Ryan just looked at me with "that" look and I succumbed. By the road it went. And it was gone in 45 minutes. (If you notice, the counter top and sink that I was so excited about in an earlier post is sitting right there as well. Ya, that didn't work out so well. And, that is still sitting there today.)
Jenna standing at the door looking at me after putting the FREE sign on the table saying, "What doing, mommy? What doing?"
Mid-project mess.
Reece sitting by the light saying, "This light looks like a cheese ball."
The table all put together.
After

A happy side effect of the project:
Above the kitchen sink before:
And after an "aha moment" realizing that the painting that was in our dining room would fit and work above the sink:
*I'm not convinced I loooooove the artwork above the buffet. I like it, but I don't know that I love it for that spot in the dining room. So, our dining room is done with an "*" until I find a different piece of art to place up there. I want something with a little more "pop" or color or character or.... something. One of those, "I'll know it when I see it" things.
We love it! The kids love it. It feels so spacious in the room and clean and crisp.
6 comments:
It looks fabulous! I wish I had your eye for decorating!
I LOVE the art work in the dining room!! Looks WONDERFUL! good job!
AGH -- I can only see two of the photos at work. Bah!! I'll have to check them out later from home or on my phone... From what I can see, it looks awesome! (As I knew it would -- congratulations!!)
looks SO good! congrats on a successful project! :)
It looks awesome! It does look more crisp. It's so modern. Well done!
Does it make you want to do the rest of the house too? Or am I the only one who has that problem?
Nice job, that looks really really good!
I need to get in an Ikea...love that stuff!
P.S. I love the color of your wall in the dining room
Post a Comment