Saturday, January 16, 2010

Senate secret hideaways


How many times have I visited Washington D.C.? Quite a few.... in fact, my hubby and I stayed in a homeless shelter a few blocks away from the capital for a month during a power and poverty study while we were in college. If I would have known about these secret hideaways when we were there at time, I feel as though I would have been completely distracted the entire trip trying to find them. You know, playing a modern day sleuth.

At first I thought this was SUPER cool (like, out of a spy movie cool) but then after reading how much secrecy goes into the whole thing I'm indifferent. Okay, so they need a place to go to get away from people. I get that. But THAT amount of secrecy - like not even saying how much it costs the tax payers? Is it necessary?

2 comments:

Malissa said...

VERY interesting. however, if some of the offices are in plain view (albeit unknowingly) of tourists, do senators have secret passageways to enter them or do they go in and out with people around?

Wrestling Kitties said...

It is ineresting....TL good question. I bet there are tons of secret passages!!

I say let the Senators have their own offices only when they start working tgether to make things better for us.