Monday, December 21, 2009

Who cheers you on?


Someone posed an interesting question to me the other day...

Person: "Who are your balcony people?"

Me: (length of silence as I was thinking) "Explain to me what a balcony person is..."

Person: "A balcony person is a person in your life who cheers you on and picks you up no matter what. Balcony people give you this wonderful gift: they believe you can change with God's help. Balcony people do not let who you were yesterday limit who you might be today — or who you might become tomorrow. You have saved them the best seat in your "life performance" - the personal box seat in the balcony."

Me: (tearing up and spoken very quietly) "My dad."

---------

There are many others. But, Dad, thank you for believing in me and cheering me on no matter what. When I lost my vision for myself and the direction of my life, you protected me from veering off the path... but you never pushed me towards YOUR vision for me. You guided me to help me figure out MY vision for myself. And for that I am thankful. You have a permanent balcony box seat in my life performance.

Who are your balcony people?

4 comments:

www.thecrazydaisies.wordpress.com said...

I LOVE this description. Don't we all need more of those people?!

Anonymous said...

Love you,
Dad

Unknown said...

I think most of my balcony people vacated the theatre. :)

Wrestling Kitties said...

very nice. My sister or my husband are mine.