Wednesday, September 9, 2009

I'm bored

With my hairstyle that is. It's getting longer and I just don't know if I like how much time it takes to manage it anymore. I'm at a point where either I keep it at this length because it's taken me this long to grow it and I put up with the drying time and straightening every morning..... or.... I choose a new style and get it cut.

I've had every length of hair in my lifetime and I'm thinking about going super short again. So, I've been stuck on a few styles lately and thought I'd throw them out there for your viewing pleasure.


This is a strange picture, but try to ignore her weird looking eyes and the diamond in her mouth. :)


This is SUPER short. Could I go this short? Do I have a feminine enough face to go that short?


This one is a bit choppier and edgier. (Are those words?) I like it, though.

Here is a recent picture of me from an earlier post.



I keep thinking, "If I go short now will I ever go long again? Is this the beginning of 'middle aged mommy hair' and I'm only 30? (Am I the only female out there that asks those questions?)

Any reflections, suggestions, words of caution/encouragement?

6 comments:

Ky • twopretzels.com said...

Dri - first off, C. and I both agree that you can rock a short-cut. Truly.

We think you should go with the cut on the bottom FIRST - since it's the "longest" of the short cuts.

Then, do the top one. (Kate Moss.) THEN do the AWESOME Alyssa Milano.

Something to consider: what is your colic-situation? The reason I ask? I cut my hair as short as Miss Milano and thought my bangs would lay flat... however, they did not.

They stuck out like a duck's butt.

Lol.

Seriously.

Anywho - I *adore* all 3 haircuts and would LOVE to get them myself.

I think you'll look very cute with all of them.

Ky • twopretzels.com said...

(Are you going to do it???)

Daryn said...

All three are SUPER cute. I like TP's train of thinking. And no, you're not the only one who thinks about middle age mommy hair. I think that every time I grow mine out...am I too old for long hair???...or when I cut it....will I now have it short forever. I get over that quickly when I love, love, love my new, short do. I say go for it!

freckleface said...

I love short hair. I wish I could pull it off but I have a round face. My hair is super long and because I have a toddler I wear it in a messy bun/ponytail, or chignon if you will, about 99% of the time.
Go for it!

www.thecrazydaisies.wordpress.com said...

I agree with TP, go with the longest first. I think you could rock a short hair cut for sure. I don't think I can.... but I sure wish I could! (I also think I'd look even more like my mom.) he he.

Malissa said...

i agree with the above - not only would you look good, but you should try it! it's just hair and it'll grow. just do it gradually. although i LOVED alyssa milano growing up, i can't endorse doing something that you're mad about for 4 weeks in CASE YOU hate it. you'd look great with something short - very stylish on you i'm sure.