
There is a law firm that is offering some of their employees 1/3 of their pay if they take the entire next year off. Read the short article here.
If I knew I could pay my bills without changing my lifestyle and go back to the job after 1 year off, I'd do it. Would you? Geez, with what we'd save in childcare costs (and our sitter is NOT expensive) it may just equal out!
Some things I'd consider doing during my time 'off' - spending more time with my kids and family, traveling to the National Parks (something I've always wanted to do and hope to do anyway), take some art classes, travel anywhere really, volunteer.
What would you do?
4 comments:
I'd do it in a second. It's hard to say what I'd do with more time though considering I don't really work as it is.
I love how companies are being more creative and finding ways around laying people off.
I would do it if I had kids or was single. Not sure what I would do since my husband has to work. Traveling wouldn't be as much fun. I would maybe try going back to school or something.
This is great. Love that you are guaranteed your job after the year is over.
I would go back to school in heartbeat if I could do this!
Hmmm... I'm honestly thinking that I wouldn't do it.
I'm annoyed with myself...
Post a Comment