1. First job ever: babysitting for my cheer leading advisor's kids during the summer. 8-5 with little to no pay.
2. First job other than babysitting: Dave's Market in Bluffton as a cashier and eventually in the office counting drawers.
3. Best smelling job: Common Ground Coffeehouse in Bluffton. I got to open two days a week and bake the bread and muffins and brew all of the coffee. I still love the smell of a fresh brewed cup of coffee. Mmmmm...
4. One of my favorite jobs: Outreach & Special Events Coordinator at Wayne Center for the Arts in Wooster. LOVED to plan the concerts, work with at-risk kids doing an afterschool arts program, put on the production of the Nutcracker, and MUCH more.
1. Dairy Queen. THE best job ever. The fringe benefits are quite obvious.
2. Harley-Davidson. Sales rep. People are always surprised to hear this one. I despise motorcycles.
3. Nanny. I used to watch the toddler son of a Polish immigrant couple. They took me on vacations and everything. And then they moved back to the homeland.
4. Legal assistant. Great learning experience. Great money while I saved up to change my major and start college all over again (to become...an ultrasound tech.)
First job - babysitting, for various people through high school and college. Even "officially" at a daycare for a while.
Most rewarding - TORCH (Toledo's Organized Recreation for the Community's Handicapped)...yes, no longer a PC term, but whatev. I took people of all ages with all different types of physical and mental disabilities out to do all sorts of things - ice skating, basketball games, art projects, shopping, whatever they wanted.
Most FUN! - Beer cart girl at a golf course. EVERYONE loves you! Great tips :)
Career - Audiologist. I love what I do. I get to work with children and adults of every walk of life.
1. legal intern @ the Ohio Civil Rights Commission while in law school.
2. association executive w/ a construction trade association. first and only woman to ever hold that position. the construction guys didn't quite know how to deal w/ me.
3. instructor of journalism @ a local community college. loved teaching students how to write.
4. current job: editor/media relations @ BGSU. love my job...until june 30th when it goes away. forever.
4 comments:
1. First job ever: babysitting for my cheer leading advisor's kids during the summer. 8-5 with little to no pay.
2. First job other than babysitting: Dave's Market in Bluffton as a cashier and eventually in the office counting drawers.
3. Best smelling job: Common Ground Coffeehouse in Bluffton. I got to open two days a week and bake the bread and muffins and brew all of the coffee. I still love the smell of a fresh brewed cup of coffee. Mmmmm...
4. One of my favorite jobs: Outreach & Special Events Coordinator at Wayne Center for the Arts in Wooster. LOVED to plan the concerts, work with at-risk kids doing an afterschool arts program, put on the production of the Nutcracker, and MUCH more.
1. Dairy Queen. THE best job ever. The fringe benefits are quite obvious.
2. Harley-Davidson. Sales rep. People are always surprised to hear this one. I despise motorcycles.
3. Nanny. I used to watch the toddler son of a Polish immigrant couple. They took me on vacations and everything. And then they moved back to the homeland.
4. Legal assistant. Great learning experience. Great money while I saved up to change my major and start college all over again (to become...an ultrasound tech.)
First job - babysitting, for various people through high school and college. Even "officially" at a daycare for a while.
Most rewarding - TORCH (Toledo's Organized Recreation for the Community's Handicapped)...yes, no longer a PC term, but whatev. I took people of all ages with all different types of physical and mental disabilities out to do all sorts of things - ice skating, basketball games, art projects, shopping, whatever they wanted.
Most FUN! - Beer cart girl at a golf course. EVERYONE loves you! Great tips :)
Career - Audiologist. I love what I do. I get to work with children and adults of every walk of life.
1. legal intern @ the Ohio Civil Rights Commission while in law school.
2. association executive w/ a construction trade association. first and only woman to ever hold that position. the construction guys didn't quite know how to deal w/ me.
3. instructor of journalism @ a local community college. loved teaching students how to write.
4. current job: editor/media relations @ BGSU. love my job...until june 30th when it goes away. forever.
Post a Comment