Sit back and enjoy this one...
I park in a parking garage at work. Yesterday the garage doors were down and people didn't know how to get in creating a bottleneck at 7:55 a.m. of all of us trying to get in - people pulling up to the door not knowing it was shut and then needing to back out into traffic because they didn't have their code, etc. I'm sitting there in the bottleneck thinking, "Just let me get up there people because I have my code."
Well, finally, I could pull in. I whip out my cell phone (where my code is saved) and proceed to put my code in. Nothing. Okay, I put my code in and press #. Nothing.
Crap. Now I have to be the idiot and back into traffic.
So, I get backed out and turned around and park on the street. Already late for work I grab my stuff out of the back seat and rush inside.
At 10:30 I have a chance to go out and move my car. Well, I can't find my keys. Crap, I hope I didn't lock them in my car....
I go downstairs and walk outside and up to my car and realize...
Not only are my keys in the car, the car is unlocked and MY CAR IS RUNNING!
I left my car running for 2 1/2 hours!!!!!!! HOLY CRAAAAAAAAAAPPPPP!
Don't feel so bad about your silly mistakes today. Just think of my idiotic one yesterday.
(Commence hysterical laughter here.)
7 comments:
I have done this before...well, I locked my keys in my running car, but I realized it immediately. I had to call my dad to bring the spare set of keys to me. So, I didn't leave it for 2 1/2 hrs, but still, I did do it. Later that day, I got in my very first car accident. (not my fault, though)
Oh no! THIS is quite a story. Thank goodness you went out to check on it!
I am laughing. I hope that's ok :)
Oh goodness!! I am glad your car was still there! :D too funny!
Thanks for the laugh!
Luckily, nothing this stupid happened today at work. :)
Phew...
And, yes, it's FINE to laugh at me. I was laughing at myself after I got done rolling my eyes.
Also, in case any of you are wondering - I only wasted an 1/8 of a tank of gas...
this is PRETTY hysterical! now. not in the midst of all of this...but still...
anyway!! girlfriend, THIS is a test of just how safe little F-town is! obviously, the city passed with FLYING COLORS.
I read this yesterday when I was alone in the house. . . laughed out loud. Really good belly laugh. Had Chad read it when he got home. He had a good laugh. . . a good belly laugh. Thanks for sharing and normalizing my life experience. ;0)
Post a Comment