
What do you get when you pair eating at Revolver Restaurant and listening to Ellery at Coffee Amici?
A great date night!
R & I are finally going on a date. Both kids are staying at my mom and dad's tomorrow night and we get to hang out. As adults. No kids. We get to eat at a great restaurant (using a gift certificate, even better) followed by great music at a great coffee shop.
7 comments:
Ooh, I've heard good things about Revolver! Did you love it?
Sounds like a most wonderful evening. Good for you guys.
Mickey D. you've GOT TO GO to Revolver. The food is soooooo good! It's expensive, but WELL worth it.
We had such a great time. And we topped the evening off with a trip to Cold Stone and shared a Gotta Have It special creation.
Yummy!
i've heard great things about Revolver too!!! i'd love to go sometime...
I really should try it. The minute gas is less than 3.50, we'll make the trek.
Ooh, I think a one-year anniversary dinner there would be lovely. (Mental note.)
I know the menu changes often, but what did you order?
Yeah, the menu changes frequently based on the local produce and meat that is available.... but one thing that I've had both times I've been there is the chef's hand-made wheat rolls that he puts butter and sea salt in the middle of and bakes. YUMMY! I forget what they're called....
He always has a muse at the beginning of the meal as well. The first time we went it was popcorn soup in a small little shot glass - this time it was a couple pieces of cucumber, with a morsel of feta cheese and a blackberry with a drizzle of olive oil. Both may sound a bit strange, but they were delicious!
I took a chance and got rabbit. It was served on wheat berries with carrots in a carrot reduction sauce. R. had meat loaf and mashed potatoes - gourmet style. :)
Mmmmm... makes me want to go back right now.
Sounds delicious. Good for you for being adventurous. At places like that, you know that whatever you order will be good. Even if it's something that you never try at a "regular" restaurant.
I simply must go there.
Post a Comment