Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Preferences

So, what kind of swimsuit do you prefer?

(I do realize I used the words "swimsuit" and "prefer" in the same sentence. Although we may not all like to wear them, I'm sure we all have preferences on what looks BETTER on us.)

Bikini? Tankini? One piece? Halter top? Sporty? Boy shorts? Swim skirts?

11 comments:

Dri said...

The evolution of swimsuit for Dri:

middle school and high school - bikini, usually as small as possible so that I could get the best tan possible with no tan lines.

college - had to wear a one piece while working at camp, I honestly don't remember wearing a swimsuit much other than that.

after first year of marriage and gaining 30 pounds - swimsuit?? are you kidding me? give me a t-shirt and shorts, please.

lost some of that 30 pounds - let's go for a one piece halter top with a pattern to bring attention to my face and away from my thighs, thank you.

the first summer Reece was able to swim - tankini with swimshorts so I could run and be flexible without showing anyone anything they may not want to see.

this summer - anything that will support Jenna's milk supply. I just tried on a tankini with boy shorts at Wal-mart today. It surprised me that I liked the way they looked. Couldn't find a top that I liked or that fit, though.

Malissa said...

ugh....bikini i guess. i know i'm not totally out of shape or overweight, but i swear - as i get older i feel flabbier and flabbier in a swimsuit. can't wait to go through the child-bearing years!!

Ky • twopretzels.com said...

Depends on who I'm around. C. and I at a beach? Bikini - as you said, with the least amount of tan lines.

With family/public - bikini - but one that covers up a bit more.

I do NOT like the halter style, though. That's one bad-looking tan line. I like the triangle-top suits that you can make halters or regular bra-style. (TMI?) If I had to worry about a milk supply though, I'm sure a triangle top would not be the way to go.

I'm currently in to wearing two different tops and bottoms from different suits that don't match. I don't know. I'm weird.

Dri said...

I just had to Google triangle top. That's how far out of the bikini loop I am.

You're right - those would NOT work well in my current condition! Although maybe I should take advantage of the added "beauty" and flaunt it while I can... because that's SO like me.... :)

Mismatched tops and bottoms, huh? That seems a bit weird, but if I had the opportunity to wear a swimsuit as often as you, TP, I'd probably get creative as well.

www.thecrazydaisies.wordpress.com said...

Dri- I loved that you had to google triangle top!

T.P. - mismatched? Can you take a picture of one such example (even if they are just lying on your floor)? Now I'm curious to see what combo you're going with!

Me- I felt weird in a bikini around my in-laws last year (whole family comes over to swim often). So I mostly did a one-piece. But my torso appears too long for a one piece. And I'm not feeling the tankini thing. I don't know why. So I'm back to wanting to wear a bikini but don't really feel comfortable and also can't find one that looks good. I'm getting mad!!! I just wish one pieces would fit me. The boob area hits me at about 3 inches BELOW my boobs!

Traci said...

when i was young (ie: mid 20's) and still had somewhat of a figure..i'd do a bikini (w/ a good coverage bottom, usually a skirt bottom).

then, on my honeymoon i had tankinis...

and now...with stretch marks that will never go away i will NEVER be in a midrif baring bikini again. it's all tankini, all the time. skirt bottom to hide my ass...tankini top to hide my "baby pouch" that seems as permanent as the stretch marks.

ugh.

i hate swimsuits.

now i'm depressed.

Lori said...

My chest is too flat for a one piece. I need all the help I can get. That's why I wear a halter top, for the "lift." Yes, they do leave terrible tan lines, so sometimes I untie the top, thus defeating the purpose of the halter for lift.

My ass is too flat for boy-shorts. Since I have the body of a twelve-year-old boy, I usually opt for the bikini. Or the tankini, if in the presence of family or children.

Ky • twopretzels.com said...

I love how we all have the suits we were normally, and those that are family/children appropriate.

I'll take photos of the mis-matched suits and post them for you.

I think they're fun.

Ky • twopretzels.com said...

Meant *where" not "were".

(I guess I should, "preview" before I "publish.")

Lori said...

TP - you are too funny. We knew you meant "wear."

I also wear mismatched tops and bottoms. They complement each other, though. It's fun to find separates on clearance. I think I remember seeing Jessica Alba (pre-pregnancy) wearing a purple bandeau top with gold bottoms. Since I thought it was so cute, naturally, I had to go out and try to replicate the look. Old Navy - success!

Wrestling Kitties said...

Ugh...right now I wouldn't even think about a swimsuit or putting myself or people through seeing that.

Highschool it was a one piece and shorts. In college when I had a great body I would wear a type of tankini. The problem is I am tall and very long waisted and have short thick legs so a tankini actually works very well b/c the tankini top would actually fall higher on me then an average sized person. I love the look of boy shorts, but my legs are not made for those!

Hopefully by next summer I will WANT to and be able to wear a swimsuit!