Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Keeping Secrets....


R. and Little R. went on a "covert operation" this morning for "Mommy's special day." I knew they were shopping for me for Mother's Day, and it was sweet that they were trying to be secretive about it.

Well, they were gone for a little less than an hour and the truck pulls back into the driveway. R. walks in with a small bag and Little R. walks in right after him beaming and loudly states, "We got you flowers!!!!"

You should have seen the look of sheepish defeat on R's face. So much for a 3-year-old keeping a secret for mommy!

So, I had to stay in the living room while they brought my gift in (earlier than R. wanted to) and got it set up and ready for me. I now have two beautiful hanging baskets, some dark chocolate Lindor Truffles and two cards.

Happy EARLY Mother's Day to me! Thanks for having a big mouth, Little R.! †:)

7 comments:

Wrestling Kitties said...

Aw....how adorable!!

Unknown said...

That's so cute. Being all post-partum I would have cried.

Dri said...

I definitely cried. R's card was very sweet and perfect for what we are going through right now, so I was basically crying my eyes out when I read it.

Then R. said, "Don't worry, the card Little R. picked out will ruin the mood...."

Little R's card was Sponge Bob Square Pants and said, (outside) "Happy Mother's Day to a mother who gives me love, emotional support and MOST importantly (inside)... clean underpants! Love you!"

HA! So, I was effectively balling my eyes out and laughing at the same time.

COMPLETELY appropriate post-partum behavior if you ask me.

:)

Lori said...

Aw, that's so sweet. I can't wait for Rhys to "ruin" surprises for me :) And you can't go wrong with flowers and chocolate!

Being all postpartum, I would've cried, as well. Except I'd be locked in the bathroom, sitting on the floor, yelling at my husband through the door. "I don't deserve a card. Why won't my baby latch on? Is it because I'm a bad mother? I'm sooooo TIRED!!!!!! WAHHHHHHH!"

Oh, sorry. I think I was having a flashback there.

Traci said...

so cute. :)

Malissa said...

very CUTE!

Unknown said...

Ugh! The frickin' latch on! Seriously! WHY WON'T BABIES JUST DO IT?????