
The weather is starting to get a bit warmer and the neighborhood kids were outside playing last night.
I was driving by a group of 5-6 kids and they all started vigorously pumping one of their arms up and down, very obviously yelling something at me. I IMMEDIATELY understood they wanted me to honk my horn. So I did!
It was so fun to indulge those kids and make their night! We used to do that all the time at my grandma's during the summer. She lives right off of State Route 224 on a farm and used to have an above ground pool where I and my cousins would hang out during the summer. As soon as we'd see a semi-truck coming for a distance we'd all jump out of the pool onto the deck and madly start pumping our arms up and down. We would keep count ALL AFTERNOON on how many semis honked for us trying to beat our record every day! TOO FUN!
Oh, childhood memories. It was so nice to see "kids these days" doing the same things we used to do. It brought a smile to my face!
*The image I used is called "Childhood." Isn't that cool?
1 comment:
Thank you for sharing this. It's refreshing to hear stories that remind you of the innocence of children. With the state of affairs anymore, I was expecting your story to head in the direction of the kids flipping you off, or something. I'm glad they instead jogged a happy memory for you (and me).
Post a Comment