
My m-i-l got me a subscription to O Magazine for a gift.
I LOVE this magazine. I truly sit down and read it from beginning to end, complete with a bookmark and everything.
The problem is I don't always take the time to read it. So, when my most recent issue came in the mail and I placed it on top of the other two I'm behind on reading I started feeling guilty.
Tonight, we had a relaxed night with no t.v. - just music, Little R. playing, R. messing around on the computer - so I decided to read my magazine.
Know what else I decided?? I threw away the ones I haven't read and consequently threw away my guilt.
The current issue is wonderful! And throwing the others away was the best "take-this-off-of-my-always-too-long-mental-check-list" thing to do.
It's a nice feeling. Try it.
1 comment:
THAT is a great idea.
I often feel exceedingly guilty when I don't read my past magazines, then I get another in the mail.
(My TIME magazine makes feel this way. So, I've started giving the old mags away... you should try it. Just rip off the little part that has your address info. Maybe take them to work? Do you have a break room?)
Post a Comment