Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Ugh.

I usually love dotphoto, but right now I'm mad.

I have spent at least an hour organizing photos on our computer and for some reason dotphoto won't let me find the folder they are in to upload them.

And, yes, this IS dotphoto's fault, definitely NOT the user! (sigh) Although, I'm sure as soon as R. gets home he'll have an easy solution.

5 comments:

Tyler said...

Technical difficult haiku for you:

Hate this damn machine
It never does what I want
Only what I say

Anonymous said...

How can it be dotphoto's fault if you can't find the files with their uploader? You need to point the uploader to a path where the files are. It can't just magically find them.

Dri said...

I'm sure there's an easy solution and there is probably a good way for me to tell dotphoto where it needs to look to find my photos... I just haven't figured it out yet and neither has R.

Any thoughts on why dotphoto's uploader doesn't recognize all folders on our computer's desktop? Some folders and programs from our desktop show up on their uploader, but not all of them, including the one our photos are in.

Anonymous said...

It's possible that they're hidden on your local system. Are you using the ActiveX uploader (in IE) or the Java one (other browsers)?

If you go into Explorer (regular Explorer, not IE) and go to the folder, what does it show as the full path to the folder?

Dri said...

Thanks for the advice and asking clarifying questions, anonymous.

We got around it and decided to upload them from a different angle and actually a different computer.