Sunday, January 20, 2008

Tid Bits


Top 10 baby girl names in the 1980s:
Jennifer
Jessica
Amanda
Melissa
Sarah
Nicole
Heather
Amy
Michelle
Elizabeth

Top 10 baby girl names in 2007:
Sophia
Isabella
Emma
Madison
Ava
Addison
Hailey
Emily
Kaitlyn
Olivia

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

So what name have you picked?

Dri said...

Nice try, Anonymous...

We don't tell the name until the baby is born. :)

Ky • twopretzels.com said...

I'm going to go out on a limb here and ask you not to name your daughter Hailey or Madison.

(Sorry to everyone I just offended.)

Sarah said...

Funny list, I can say I have at least one friend around my age whose name is on the first list.

And, I know at least one child under 5 years old whose name is on the second list.

Traci said...

well...my girls are both on the top 10 list from 2007. so i smy niece. (Olivia, Emma & Madison). so much for the originality I was going to strive for. LOL.

isn't it odd how the 1980s names seem so "normal" and the 2007 names seem so "designer"? or is it just me?

Dri said...

TLC - I thought the same thing about the difference in 1980s names and the names now. The names now do seem more "designer."

For those of you wondering, we are not naming our baby any of the names listed.

We still aren't telling anyone until the baby is born, but now you have twenty names to cross off your list! :)