Monday, January 14, 2008

In case of fire....


Do you have a fire proof safe or safe deposit box with your pertinent papers (s.s. cards, birth certificates, etc.)? What else do you keep in it? Or, if you don't have one what WOULD you put in it?

5 comments:

Dri said...

This is what I would put in it:

s.s. cards for entire family
birth certificates for entire family
current bank account information
photos/c.d.s with photos on it
copies of family dvds
copies of my and R's driver's licenses

I'm interested to see your comments and see what I'm forgetting....

Dri said...

Oh, and maybe my journals?

See Two Pretzels blog about journals - use the link on my home page.

Sarah said...

I do have - actually got one for Christmas last year.

This is what's in it currently:
Both of our SS cards
our birth certificates
title to our house
marriage license

plus the paperwork that came with the box :) and the keys...I'm afraid to lock it, I'm afraid I'll misplace/lose the keys!

Malissa said...

i hear that this is a GREAT wedding gift. i've not brought myself to buy this, however, i'm sure it would be a welcomed/highly practical gift.
i'd keep a passport and perhaps my most cherished photos? but then the photos would be in there and not in a good "display" place.
people always say "in a fire, i'd grab....X..." - however, if you aren't there, you wouldn't be able to grab anything. just a thought.

www.thecrazydaisies.wordpress.com said...

We just bought one this week. My BIL told us to also buy one that is water proof. Because he's heard that in fires, the safe survived the fire, but was destroyed by the water that the firefighters put out the fire with!!!!! And also to put it in a place that is least likely to get hit with the firefighters water.

I thought that was an interesting tip! Thought I'd share.