So, we're in Connecticut visiting staying at Hamilton's and visiting Joe and Randa! We've been here since Friday afternoon and it's been great.
Friday night - we went to a restaurant that had really good sushi. It's actually only the second time I've had sushi. Mine was an avocado and peanut roll. Oh man! Dipped in a little bit of soy sauce. Mmmmmm....... I'd have more of that RIGHT NOW.
Today - we went to a really cool park down the street from Hamilton's. Then, we went downtown and walked around Yale U. It is a really cool area and we found a really awesome coffee house-type place to eat lunch with a modern flare. I'm sure they aren't used to having three kids all under the age of 4 in there, but they were nice to us.
This afternoon/tonight - we went to Randa and Joe's house. It was a wonderful time! We just hung out, the kids played, the big kids (read: Eric, Joe and Ryan) played, we had a terrific supper and awesome dessert. Reece got to take a bath at their house. It was just great to see where Randa lives and see her. I'll post a picture as soon as Ryan shows me how! :)
Just nice. Really, really nice. I love hanging out with friends that you don't get to see very often, but that when you are with them it feels like you never left. Refreshing and wonderful in so many ways. Thanks Hamilton's and Martel's.
2 comments:
Oh how fun! I'm so glad you got to see Randa and Joe! I can only IMAGINE how awesome the meal was!
And as for sushi, it truly is the single-most crave-inducing food there is... (I think.)
sounds like you had a super fun time. i'm jealous!
Post a Comment