Wednesday, July 4, 2007

Delicious


I LOVE homemade mint tea. The kind where you pick the mint from outside, bring it right in and brew it and add lots of sugar.

Mmmmm...... the camp director's wife made some and sent some of it with us in a pitcher. It's yummy. Our neighbor in Wooster made this for us several times as well.

Have any of you ever had this?

3 comments:

Ky • twopretzels.com said...

No, but this sounds wonderful! I believe the only thing I've ever had "brewed" with mint tea leaves is a mojito. :-) hee hee.

Sarah said...

Mmmm...sounds fabulous!

So...I could just do this with fresh mint leaves? (okay..give me some slack, I've never even truly brewed tea...I have a Mr. Coffee Iced Tea Maker)

Dri said...

To make mint tea.... pick fresh mint leaves, wash them, let them dry, boil water, add the mint leaves and add as much sugar as you want to make it as sweet as you want.

Keep in mind - Although people have told me this same way to make the tea and I've tried it, my tea never tastes the same as when someone else makes it for me. :) So, try at your own risk.

I know you can also pick the mint and dry it, crush it up and use it like you would any other tea, you could just make your own tea bag with cheese cloth or something.