(This picture is a tribute to the fact that I'm glad we're in the wilderness and glad we're at a camp and although I enjoy camping in a tent/camper, I'm loving the relaxation of NOT camping and having a little aparment!)- I hiked by myself again this morning and although it was wonderful, a stinking deer fly threatened to ruin it all.
- While hiking I was less than 5 feet away from a deer. She was looking at me, I was looking at her. Reminds me of a camp song - "The other day (the other day), I saw a bear (I saw a bear).... he looked at me, I looked at him...." Know what one I'm talking about?
- We drove around through some of the small mountain towns up here this morning and found a candy shop as well as a pretzel factory. The chocolate was wonderful and they were making pretzels while we were there, so that was fun to watch.
- We traveled to a pottery studio. It ended up being a pottery outlet that had manufactured pottery available for what they considered a bargain. I was a bit disappointed because I wanted to see handmade pottery from some one's personal studio, but the swinging bridge and waterfalls outback more than made up for that disappointment.
- Lunch at Wilderness Camp was wonderful. Raw broccoli salad (the kind with raisins and bacon and onions), Stromboli, tater tots, yummy brownies with PB and chocolate icing.
- It's going to rain. Supposedly lots and hard. It's really cold. REALLY cold.
- We got postcards to send to family. Reece has colored on a few of them already, I just need to get him to sit down and color on the rest of them.
STILL HAVING A WONDERFUL TIME! :)
2 comments:
Sorry about the pottery place. Bummer. However, I'm glad you're still having a great time. Yay!
you are always really good at focusing on the positive and enjoying the small, but meaningful, things in life. hope you continue to have fun. ;)
Post a Comment