Saturday, July 14, 2007

Sleep


I haven't been sleeping great since we got back from vacation. Many reasons: the room is too warm, the light from outside the window, Reece waking up in the middle of the night, being sick one night, probably more reasons I can't think of right now.

Well, I laid down this afternoon to take a short nap. I woke up 2 1/2 hours later. Have you ever had one of those naps where you wake up part way through, but you almost feel pinned down to the couch/bed with exhaustion? You try to open your eyes, but even when you concentrate and literally feel like you're prying them open, your lids are so heavy that they just slam back down?

That's the kind of nap I had today. I woke up a few times for different reasons, but felt like I couldn't move and couldn't keep my eyes open, so fell back asleep almost in an instant.

I think I'm going for a walk to wake up a bit. Then a shower. As Reece would say, "Wake up, wake up, Mama!"

1 comment:

Anna@MetaMusings said...

I love those naps. They're so nice every once in awhile.