Saturday, June 30, 2007

VACATION!


(The picture above is of the waterfall we will be hiking through tomorrow to get to look-out point where on a clear day we will be able to see for hundreds of miles.)

I'm sitting at the kitchen table in our little apartment-type place at Spruce Lake in the middle of the mountains. Trails galore, a pool RIGHT outside our place, putt-putt, waterfalls, gorgeous views of the mountains, good food we don't have to prepare. I knew vacation was going to be awesome, I just didn't know how awesome.

Things that are wonderful:
- A wonderful trip out that only took 9 hours and that time included a 45 minute lunch stop and a few odds and ends 15 minutes stops.
- Having such a wonderful time picnic-ing at a roadside rest with Reece and then running around with him.
- Still being able to get cell phone access in the middle of nowhere.
- Having a wireless connection in the middle of nowhere.

Things that are wonderful that I'll have to adjust to:
- Having no schedule or place to be or person to "report" to, and really no expectations except for Ryan in the evening.
- Being in the wilderness and still having internet access. I feel like I'm cheating somehow.
- Being in the wilderness and using Ryan's computer so that Reece can watch movies. Again, I feel like I'm cheating.
- The hills. We went for a bike ride this evening and I just about died. HOLY COW!
- The fact that after Reece goes to bed I can sit and read a book and don't have to worry about laundry, returning messages, cleaning the house, or anything. I can sit and read and that's it.
- The fact that my husband is picking up a brick oven pizza as I'm typing! YUM.

AHHHHHHH..... vacation. This will most likely be my log of what we're doing and what we've done. Maybe I'll even take the time while on vacation to figure out how to post a picture from our camera on one of my blogs. I'm sure it's not hard.

I have time. It's such a precious gift and I'm pumped to be spending so much time with my hubby and son. Time, a whole lot of precious time.......

1 comment:

Ky • twopretzels.com said...

HOW wonderful. Dri, enjoy, enjoy!

It sounds so peaceful and perfect!!!