Thursday, May 17, 2007

It's a sad day


My hairdryer died. We've had a relationship since my Junior year of college.

Lila and I have had many memories together (my S-i-L and I decided today my hairdryer needed a name and since she's the color of lilacs we thought Lila would be appropriate) . Lila and I were roomates with Kendra and I know Kendra appreciated Lila's skills. We traveled many places together; my honeymoon, North Carolina (2 times), Atlanta, Pennsylvania, Wisconsin and more. She was well traveled, really, a cultured hair dryer if you will. She saw me through thick gorgeous hair during my pregnancy, and falling out nasty hair after having Little R. She dried my thick head of hair with ease and helped put my shiny locks in their place several times.

Now I must go and find a replacement. It will be hard - but it must be done.
Lila, thank you for your faithful service - I will miss you.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you chose Lila. Afterall, it was the most fitting for her. May she rest in peace.

Anonymous said...

OK, I'm not supposed to be anonymous. What the heck?

Anonymous said...

Also, how did you find a picture of a purple hairdryer? Good girl!

Ky • twopretzels.com said...

My most sincere condolences...

Anna@MetaMusings said...

That is very sad. She gave you a good 7-9 years of life, though. That is pretty amazing.

Kendra said...

Oh, my goodness! This is soooo sad! Lila was a wonderful haridryer. Unmatched in her skills. Such a sad day.