Wednesday, May 2, 2007

Aldi


The first time I ever went grocery shopping at Aldi was soon after Little R. was born and we needed to stre-------tch our dollar. Now, I make out my grocery list (we plan two weeks of meals at a time and I shop mostly only for the stuff to make those meals - plus the normal milk, cereal, fruit, etc) and always go first to Aldi. They have a great selection of "Fit & Active" healthier items. They even have the same exact type of ground turkey that we get at the regular grocery store.

After our "Going Green" discussion, another cool thing about Aldi is that I always reuse the same paper bags when I go to Aldi.

Does anybody else shop at Aldi? What are you favorite things to get there? Maybe I need to branch out and try new things.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Aldi rocks!

Anonymous said...

I love everything from Aldi, except for the smell. M stopped there the other day to pick up some trash bags, which are the best, and then I could smell Aldi all over him. Honey, have you been with another woman? Yes, her name is Aldi.

Ky • twopretzels.com said...

When we were in Ohio we LOVED Aldi's. Our favorites? Mama Cozi spaghetti sauce and the Mam Cozi brand pizzas. We LOVED them.

Also, whenever I head to make rice krispy treats for any thing, wah-la. There.

We'd get tons of random stuff there. Love that place.

Malissa said...

i am not a fan of Aldi for some reason. i think i have in my head that things "taste" differently. and probably some things do. but if someone else could just buy the products and replace my name brand items, i'd probably never know. it's all in my head!