Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Canker Sores


I hate them. I got my first canker sore when I got my braces on in middle school. My braces got caught on my cheek and it turned into a canker sore. Ever since then it's been a pretty normal occurrence. Once every other month or so. More so lately.

Any good treatments that you know of? I still haven't figured out what triggers them for me....

2 comments:

Ky • twopretzels.com said...

Lysine!
And, if it's uber-bad and you just want to be able to eat something... adult ambesol.

And, C.'s aunt ALWAYS gets them and she takes an antacid before she eats something very acidic (tomatoes, etc.) - and that prevents them for her.

Written Permission said...

My dad makes something he sells in his pharmacy that he calls "Rod's Canker Cocktail." :) I have no idea what's in it, though... If you feel like making the trip to Berlin, I'm sure you could find some! :) Hope you feel better...