Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Tag, you're it.

I saw this on TLC's blog and Turtle Parade and thought I'd play along.

Hope you play along too!

1. Who was your first prom date? Tim. He was my first and only prom date all three years - his junior and senior year and my senior year when he was in college. Yup. I was one of those that dated the same guy pretty much all through high school. :)

2. Do you still talk to your first love? Nope. And, there's no easy way to say this... Tim was my first love and he died in a car accident the summer I graduated from high school.

3. What was your first alcoholic drink? Hmmm.... that's a toss up between Rum & Coke, Fuzzy Navel, beer (which I remember NOT liking, my tastes have changed) and Peppermint Schnapps. In 7th grade, I stayed overnight at my best friend's at the time and we raided their parent's liquor cabinet and keg in the basement. I know I had some of all of those drinks, I just don't remember which was first. :) The headache the next day was HORRIBLE. I actually didn't drink anything else with alcohol until I turned 21.

4. What was your first job? The first one Uncle Sam knew about was cashier at Dave's Market. I started that the spring of my Senior year of high school. Up until that point I babysat pretty regularly.

5. What was your first car? A white Chevy S10 pick up.

6. Who was the first person to text you today? Ryan.

7. Who was the first person you thought of this morning? Jenna. She cried out in her sleep.

8. Who was your first grade teacher? Mrs. Steffen. I can still remember the way her room was laid out. (Is that weird?)

9. Where did you go on your first flight in a plane? Canada.

10. Who was your first best friend and do you still talk? I don't remember. Probably I would consider Miranda my first best friend at the age where you would actually call and talk on the phone - we see each other at class reunions. Maria is probably the friend I've had the longest and we see each other occasionally. I'd love to be in better touch with her. (If only I had Facebook...)

11. Where was your first sleepover? Oh man. Maria's house probably. Or my cousin Katie's house - does that count? I was really close with all of my cousins and still see them pretty regularly.

12. Who was the first person you talked to today? Jenna.

13. Whose wedding were you in for the first time? My aunt Melissa's. I was a junior bridesmaid.

14. What was the first thing you did this morning? Pressed snooze. :) Then, I put a blanket on Jenna before I went downstairs. IT WAS CHILLY LAST NIGHT.

15. What was the first concert you went to? DC Talk/Audio Adrenaline

16. First tattoo? TBD.

17. First piercing? My ears, I think when I was 5. I remember winning a coloring contest at our local drug store and getting a gift certificate and deciding that I wanted to use it to get my ears pierced. Wonder if my parents were planning on that??? :)

18. First foreign country you went to? Canada. My Aunt Ruth and cousins live in Canada.

19. First movie you remember seeing? Oh geez. I have no clue. I remember seeing An American Tail (and Reece just got that for his birthday this year so we've been watching it. I had no clue just how much that movie was about oppression in the Soviet Union until I watched it again. Man.)

20. What state (province) did you first live in? First and only - Ohio.

21. Who was your first room mate? Kate. We roomed together my Freshman and Sophomore years.

22. When was your first detention? I never got a detention :)

23. When was your first kiss? My first "real" kiss was in 7th grade from Theron.

24. What is one thing you would learn, given the chance? Sign language.

25. Who will be the next person to post this? Don't know. Just let me know if you do so I can come and read it!

5 comments:

Sarah said...

I'd love to learn sign language too - I know a little, but in my profession you'd think it would be required!

www.thecrazydaisies.wordpress.com said...

Instead of "S10" I first thought that read "$10 dollars". He he. (can you tell I'm sleep deprived?"

Ky • twopretzels.com said...

I LOVE reading these. I had no idea you had relatives in Canada.

And, I was a HUGE DC Talk fan. :) And I believe I had at least one Audio Adrenaline CD. :)

Jodi said...

You bring back memories :)

Sassytimes said...

I love these! I played along.

p.s. Found you through Two Pretzels.