Saturday, August 29, 2009

Pass



One simple word printed on the paper I got immediately after taking my test yesterday - PASS.

Thank God!

Many people around me have so much more faith in me than I have faith in myself. No one seemed surprised that I passed - except me.

I was sitting there taking the test and figured I passed the first part. The second part I was SURE I failed. No kidding. There were questions that I just plain couldn't remember the answers to (I know we covered the topic). There were also questions that I would read and even before I read the multiple choice answers I KNEW what the answer was without a doubt. And, then I would read the multiple choice answers and the answer I knew was correct wasn't listed. Frustrating.

You would think with all of that said in the paragraph before I would have just barely passed. (Passing is 70%) In the part I knew I passed I got an 88% and in the part I knew I failed I got a 93%. (!?!?!?!?) I walked out of there and was like, "Okay, when is the hidden camera crew going to pop out and tell me I really DIDN'T pass?"

I am so happy that part is over! Now I can walk through the process with State Farm and learn our specific products and procedures. I'm excited about that!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

congrats :) That's how I felt about the real estate exam. I finished a full hour and a half before anyone else. I FREAKED. But I passed with flying colors :)

Traci said...

congrats! that's great!!! :)

Anna@MetaMusings said...

YAY, that is wonderful news! Congratulations! Is testing now over for good?

Dri said...

MM - I will still need to study State Farm specific health insurance info and take a test with them and then study Humana (Medicare Supplement) stuff and get certified through them. But, after that... I'm done! :)

Unless the plan changes (which it could) I'm not planning on getting licensed through the state for home and auto insurance, which would be more classes and tests.

Although, maybe sometime I'll go to get my Series 6 license, which means I'll be able to help people with their retirement.

Thanks for asking.

Kendra said...

Yay, yay, yay! I knew you would do great. Way to go, Dri!!